Monday, May 10, 2010

Consider my feelings unmixed.

I am entirely unprepared to leave. Even if I've got another two weeks in Europe, the fact that I have less than one in Spain is fahREAKING me out. Spain has not always been good to me, but in the past few weeks I have grown so much more attached. There are things that I miss about the US and am excited to return to (cupcakes), but I can get along without those things if it means I can keep this going a little longer. But unfortunately, I will be saying my goodbyes to many, many people on Thursday whose company I have truly enjoyed. The thing is, while I am highly aware that life here is like a vacation from actual life, the majority of my experience this semester has been far from it. And just as I am finally easing into having my act together enough to truly enjoy it, it is cut short. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am the type of person who needs time, and this experience has been no different. But for only four months, I have grown remarkably comfortable here; in many ways more so than I am at home. So, villanueva? Not ready to relocate here permanently, but it is certainly a place where I can feel as comfortable as if I were at home.

This week I will be running around like a madwoman. I plan to sleep when I'm dead, or when I'm back in my bed in Chapel Hill whichever comes first. I have gifts to buy, tests to pretend to care about, and people to see off. I've got a list of places that I just want to go to One Last Time. But I have a feeling I will be back, so it's more like One Last Time For Now. Regardless, I'm buggin'. But then again, I feel much the same when I end a year at Villanova. I smell some post-graduation depression on the horizon. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it! Right now I'm focusing on wrapping things up here and finding a place to stay in London in 4 days. Yep I left something until the last minute that's weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment